- The chapter begins with Orochimaru, Karin, Jugo and Suigetsu arriving at Sasuke's location to see the international man of mystery!
- Drumroll please...
- It was Kabuto! So he finally (finally xD) released Izanami's effects by accepting who he was and not only turning away from his evil self, but accept the past self before he met Orochimaru, saying he is simply "Kabuto", becoming pretty much a good guy with a snake for a stomach.
- I felt his revelation was a bit dampened due to practically everyone calling it, but it was still good to see we finally get closure on this mystery at last.
- Kabuto begins to heal him with medical ninjutsu and implanting Hashirama cells into him. Without a doubt, Sasuke is getting the Rinnegan. At first, I thought it was Hashirama himself giving Sasuke the cells needed to awaken it, but now that Kabuto's doing it, we're gonna be seeing a fully awakened Rinnegan in Sasuke very soon
- Suigetsu remarks how Kabuto was the one who started this war, but Kabuto feels regret over it now with his accepted self, and draws a parallel with Obito as both did not have a place to return to, but now that they accept who they are, they begin healing their mortal enemies. Loved the panel work as it shows both Kabuto undoing Madara's damage on Naruto and Sasuke, very metaphorical
- So now we go back to the Madara battlefield as Guy prepares to take on Madara.
- It's here we learned that Kakashi diverted the Rasengan thrown at him by Madara with his Kamui (Let's hope it didn't hit Naruto xD) and Minato can use Senjutsu, but just like his Sensei, Jiraiya, he's rubbish at it.
- With Senjutsu lost to all but Naruto, Sasuke, Kabuto and Jugo, Guy takes to the field and uses the next big thing: Taijutsu. And who better than the best Taijutsu expert? :3
- Guy releases the 7th Gate? Sorry, the translation I read was a pile of baloney, it read the translation wrong since it read Eighth Gate Release, says he's the Blue Beast and not the Green Beast, he emits blue steam and not green steam, and Minato saying he released the Eighth Gate. >.<
- So yeah, Guy proceeds to open up a can of whoop ass on Madara, going at incredible speeds and using the Afternoon Tiger on him.
- But despite his best efforts, Madara uses Wood-Style to pin Guy down, but is saved by none other than Rock Lee! For all those that said Lee and Guy are now nothing more than comic relief, suck on that! >w<
- Lee mentions Tenten is checking on something, while Lee went to rescue Guy. I wonder what it is she's checking? o3o
- And the chapter ends with Guy really really releasing the Eighth Gate, saying the Green Beast is at it's end, and the Red Beast's time has come.
- I think it's interesting, because in the current anime, we're looking at Guy as well as Kakashi, and the fact that these events marry up is thought provoking
- Overall, great chapter, we finally got closure on who the mystery foot is, Kabuto joining the good side thanks to Itachi's Izanami was definitely a surprise, it's good to know both Naruto and Sasuke are in two pairs of very capable hands (Naruto with Sakura and Obito, and Sasuke with Karin and Kabuto), and seeing Guy prep for the main event just has us gasping for his final release!
- I, for one, cannot wait to see it! Although Guy might die, I feel the series cannot end without seeing the ultimate power unleashed in some shape or form. Let's just hope Guy doesn't die and the myths on it were just exaggeration O_O